Gnat Free's Bug Out Bag Pt 1/3 | gnatfree's Blog
A bug out bag is a medium to large backpack, usually with a fr
The Absolute BARE BONES Minimum:
- Lighters, Fuck matches, fuck flint and steel. Go to the store and buy a package of five Bic lighters. The chances of you having to live in the woods (assuming you run away) for more than a couple weeks without running into an abandoned store or house is extremely slim.
- Notebooks/Writing Stuff, You'll need to build a fire and you'll need to do math, make maps, write stuff down, also why not leave a record?
- Space Blanket, Not only can it be used as a blanket it can be used as insulation in a lean-to or snow shelter, used as a tarp, awning, groundsheet, or even a signalling device. A small section cut and properly folded and tied it can be used as a fishing lure.
- Small Jar Candles, These will allow you to A) put light where you want, B) Keep a flame going in wind, C) Cover up your nasty B.O. if you have company, D) the melted candle wax can be dripped onto paper to be made into 'paraffin firestarters', E) Once the candle is used upm melt the rest of the wax wash out the jar and you have a nice "herb jar" or miniature drinking glass.
- Isopropyl Alcohol, It's not drinkable but you'll need it if you scrape your leg running or escaping. It can also be used to start a fire, and if you need to sterilize anything it does it in a hurry and a pinch.
- Liquid Soap and Hand Sanitizer, KEEP FUCKING CLEAN OR YOU WILL GET SICK AND DIE.
- Mess Kit, A dutch oven, a frying pan, and a small stew pot, all made of durable and light aluminum or steel. Doubles as a bowl, plate, and mixing bowl. Do I really need to say why you need this? (Boiling water dumbass...)
- Silverware, At the VERY LEAST you will need a Paring knife, Utility knife, sharpening stone, Two forks, two sharp knives, and two spoons, a Can Opener and a Corkscrew. If you're asking why you're too dumb to live.
- Instant Ramen and Boullion Cubes, Yes I know Ramen is crap, but it will keep you alive, it doesn't need to be cold, and it's quick to make. Pack at least four. An entire jar of boullion ischeap, you can toss in local vegetation and if you find fish you can make soup. Also Even if you're starving broth is better than nothing.
- 3 Sets of Clothing, You Will smell like ass after four days in the woods, You will wake up soaked from dew or early rain, you will fall into a stream or river. Try to wear clothes for at least three days, regardless of whether or not you bathe.
- Sleeping Bag, Keep warm or die. If you're shivering while wrapped in your sleeping bag with a fire going don't fall asleep or you will fucking DIE. Eat something, sing songs, take a short walk around the camp site, DO NOT Fall Asleep.
Coming Soon, Pt 2/3
If you Happen to think of it....
There are no comments on this post yet, be the first to leave one!
Previous PostsGnat Free's Bug Out Bag Pt 1/3, posted February 5th, 2013
Too Much Time to Think, posted March 23rd, 2011
Full 40s and Empty Park Benches, posted March 21st, 2011, 1 comment
Zine Clipping on my band!, posted March 11th, 2011, 1 comment
Your Slogan Here, posted February 24th, 2011
Two Poems, posted January 23rd, 2011
Shaving Cuts, posted January 12th, 2011
I have no life and must scream, posted January 12th, 2011, 1 comment
Holly Berries Taste Like Candy, posted December 24th, 2010
SSDD, posted December 24th, 2010, 1 comment
I'm not anti-sister, my sister is anti-me, posted December 18th, 2010
Passion Vs. Fashion, posted December 15th, 2010
No Boundaries, posted December 12th, 2010
The Left's right, the Right's left, posted December 12th, 2010
Where I'm From We Call Mirrors, "Leaks", posted November 19th, 2010
People Don't Keep Photographs of Things They Want To Forget, posted November 7th, 2010, 1 comment
Ten Tips for Happier Fast Food Service, posted October 26th, 2010, 1 comment
I would set myself on fire for you, posted October 21st, 2010
Resetting My Clock, posted October 20th, 2010
BlogrollHere are some friends' blogs...
HelpEmbed Photos Embed Videos
If You Could Get A Lifetime Supply Of Something, What Would It Be?
A fun new question each day. Winners get trophies and points.
Respond and Vote Now!